Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The first....

Yes, it was the first....snowfall, that is....and you can bet your socks and mitts it won't be the last.  When you say it fast "another six months or so until we see green leaves again"...it doesn't sound too bad.  But when you say "another oh.....200 days until we see green leaves again", well, that's enough to make you curl up in a corner, and drink tea.

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the snow.  It's beautiful and clean and it makes the air crispy.  I don't like the extra time it takes to get places, the extra layer of clothing, the boots and the woolies.  And I don't like coming out of swimming at the pool and have my wet hair freeze up in mid air. 

So, we shall take it a bit at a time.  A few weeks at a time.  Halloween is this week and then Remembrance Day followed by a miriad of birthdays and then Christmas and New Years.  After that, we will just have to make up our own list of fun things like "How Many 1000 Piece Puzzles can I Do in One Week?" or "What Will it Take to Get Me Active Outside?" or how about "How Far Can I Skate/Ski/Walk Without Falling on My Keester".  There must be a whole ton of things we can do during the time from New Years to May Long Weekend!  I know you'll come up with many interesting and challenging things....?????

Anyway, here was what it looked like outside my office building today.






It just stuck to everything...including those whopping big Lodge Pole Pines against the building.  It's all ever-so-pretty, don't you think?

Fa la la la la.....la la la laaaaaa

No comments: