Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's uhhhhhh.......

Two months 'til Christmas eve!!!

There is so much I love about Christmas, so much I just love to think about.  Memories for one.  Memories of childhood because even though we had very little, we had so much.  We appreciated every single thing that was given to us from a "Christmas orange" to ribbon candy and crayons. I think that's why I remember it so vividly because during the year we had no treats to speak of but at Christmas everything was mystical and magical and full of wonder.  I know now it must have been a great sacrifice to my parents to do the special things they did for us at that time of the year....sacrifices we didn't understand.

As an adult, I now know about sacrifice....about how one gives up something for another...to do without so that someone else might have something instead of me.  I want that kind of Christmas....

But not before Halloween and remembering again on November 11th the sacrifices of a world at war.  Now that was a whole different kind of sacrifice happening....

So tonight I shall snuggle up and think about my children and snow and lights.....and the One whom we celebrate...just two months from tonight.




Sleep well...perhaps the rain will turn to snow.......???:)

No comments: