Monday, December 13, 2010

It started off well....

The day, that is.  It all began with a St. Lucia breakfast at Mrs. A's.  Each December 13th she hosts this beautiful Scandinavian celebration.  Her granddaughter, dressed in a white robe and red sash comes to serve everyone there and sings her lovely song "Santa Lucia".  Candles are lit (this year the crown of candles were on the table as opposed to on her head) and everyone enjoyed the festivities and hospitality.

Upon arriving at work, I find two birthday gifts at my desk.  A beautiful bouquet of roses, compliments of my boss and supervisor.  Then a huge box all wrapped up sat ready to be opened.  It was a gift from my co-worker, Twila!!!  I realized the work that went into this gift and it brought me to tears of gratitude! 

I think I've said this before, a few times....:) but I know I work with the greatest people there ever was or ever will be...all of them!  Not because they sometimes give me nice gifts, but because I have a relationship with them where I believe they trust me with things...and I trust them.  It's a bit like my relationship with God, it's a two-way kind of thing.  I trust and believe in Him....and He also takes  chances with me, depends on me to some extent, to love others and care for them....as he has done with me.  I know it's not quite the same, because God always initiates his love for me, kind of encouraging me, to show me how it's done.

Ya, anyway here is my day in pictures:
St. Lucia candelabra

Saffron and coriander buns and krumkake (ginger cookies)

Light for the winter solstice.

Mrs. A as our hostess.

My birthday gift from Twila!  All lit up...

One of a dozen varying colored  roses....another gift!

The entire office will enjoy this gift from a
Creighton employee...Ms. L.

One fellow's office...all ready for the decorating contest
to be judged this Wednesday afternoon.  His wife is a
great decorator!!!

After a full day of fun and frivolity...:) I went to Tracy's and got a hair cut...then on the way home stopped in to see daughter's newly decorated Christmas tree and her decorations.  Lovely!  I came away with some of hers and Brittney's baking too!  Yum!

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

'Nite all....sleep well.  You may now sing "The Twelve Days of Christmas"!!!  It should be good to put you to sleep....:)

No comments: