Friday, January 21, 2011

The all-inclusive...

I've heard about those kinds of trips.  They include everything you can imagine...and more!

My friend's funeral was an all-inclusive.  It gathered people from all walks of life - from doctors and stay-at-home moms to cashiers and lawyers.....from those that have much, to those who have little....from the very young to the elderly....just like Florence lived her life...she included everyone.

Jesus was an all-inclusive too.  He partied it up with rich folk and ate with con artists.  He trusted tax collectors and loved prostitutes.  He offered another way of life to politicians and beggars.  Everyone. No one was left out, to wonder if they were accepted simply the way they were.

The funeral today was a tribute to a woman who put God first. Everything else in her life fell into place following that commitment.  She made living a Christian life look easy and for her, it was.  Easy because her spirit was so connected and in tune to her Maker that how she lived was just like Jesus lived.

I think I too need to have an all-inclusive life...a life where I don't get in the way of God's intentions...a life where I don't make judgements and wrong assumptions about folks.

Yep.  That's what I want.  I'll start working on that first thing in the morning.

Here are some pictures of the gathering today....


Dr. Linea Lanoie (niece) and Pastor Stacia Michael

Memorial table...complete with caramels
(Florence handed out candy to the children after church, as did her mother!)


A tribute by Hugh Campbell

Pink

The luncheon by Gateway women.

Folks came from different cities and different churches.

Friends

We all had "Auntie Florence" in common.

Our girls remember Florence fondly...

Old friends.

Yep, I managed to hobble to the funeral with my cane!!!
That's another story....

Nieces - Linea and Faith (sisters)...and 'nephew-in-law' Hugh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures Sharon. I think I shall start tomorrow too :)