Thursday, March 3, 2011

He said...she said...

He (doctor) said, "Ouuuu....I think that right knee has a lot more movement in it than your left one...."

I'm thinking that is not a good sign.

He said, "Let's try moving it this way....hmmmmmm...Well, the bruising has nearly diminished....THAT'S good!"

I'm waiting for the sledge hammer....

He said, "I really don't want to say anything yet but after your MRI on Tuesday, we will know so much more!  It does look to me like a ligament needs attaching, just by the way your knee is moving."

And I said..."Well, when I attempt to walk on it much or try to straighten it while walking, it feels like it's going to bend all the way backwards!"

And he said, "Keep that tensor bandage on it!!!"

And I said, "Yes, doctor, I will do just that!!!"

And then he said, "I wouldn't rule out surgery....at all....!!"

And then I said, ....come to think of it, I don't think I said anything at all....it just may be my way of learning the art of patience.  We'll see how I hold up under the pressure.

Anyway, with all the great news floating my way, thought I'd show you a few pictures of the flowers the church brought me last week....they're still lovely.....and I am blessed!


I think after appreciating the delicacy of these flowers, I need to end my blog today on a positive note.  I was reading a prayer of thanksgiving today and the end goes like this:

Help us to accept your blessings and your challenges with gratitude,
and may we find that through your grace,
blessings become challenges
and challenges become blessings.
Amen.

Good night, friends.  I pray this for you as well....

No comments: