Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Practice....

Yes, even a Sunday worship service has music practice!  And we practiced tonight for our Easter service coming in a few days.

So I snapped a few pictures of some of us making great music together.  Of course, I couldn't sing PLUS take pictures of everyone, so I opted to sit and snap....rather than stand and sing (much easier on the knee)!  There was fun to be had, too!







We gathered as a team to practice singing the songs for Easter morning worship service.  Virginia, Massa, Yaounde, Eric, Janet, Birdie and I.  The two fellows from Congo, Massa and Yaounde and their friend from childhood, Eric, will also sing some songs in Lingala.  In the Congo, Easter Sunday is called "Big Sunday" and their service goes well into the  afternoon with much singing, drumming, praising and worshiping God.  I think I would like to experience a service like that!

We shall attempt to make this Easter Sunday as memorable as possible for those in attendance and as praise-worthy as possible for The King (uhhh...that's Jesus, not Elvis, by the way...trusting I have not been blasphemous).

But Maundy Thursday (sharing and remembering Jesus last supper with his friends) and Good Friday (Jesus death on a Roman cross) still have to be taken into account...before the celebration of Resurrection Sunday!

I wanted to do something during Lent....to sacrifice something even if it was something small....I have given up eating lunch.  I know...not much, eh?  Toast for breakfast and then eating a healthy supper with no snacking in between.  Not much, but to me, when food is in the equation, it is a sacrifice of sorts.:)

And to top off my day, this blasted computer did something really peculiar and made me wish I could kill it with something heavy and sharp and pointy.  I opted for pressing a bunch of buttons...

It continues to do weird stuff.  All I did was attempt to download Internet Explorer version 8 and the whole thing went to hell in a hand Easter basket!  Bummer!

No comments: