Saturday, April 30, 2011

A sunset....

Not just any ole' sunset either.

This one was pointed out by granddaughter.  Yesterday, while watching the evening Royal Wedding session, she happened to walk by the computer room exclaiming "Gram, come and see the sunset!!!!!"

And so I went.  The sunset is lovely, but it's the fact that it was she who noticed it.  I think perhaps when I leave this world, I just may have placed into my children and their children, the love and the beauty of nature...to some degree.  The seed is there for it to grow, at least.  As it did with me, my love for God's displays just grew out of sheer enjoyment of what is available to us in every season...and in every moment of every day.  Beauty is everywhere, all the time, changing and evolving into more heights of loveliness.

Here is what she and I saw:


Once the trees flush, this scene will become somewhat obstructed...but for now, look at the pinks and purples and blues and golds all reflected in the fast flowing river (click on pic).  It looks as if it slowed down a pace or two just so it too could enjoy the sunset.:)

No comments: