Monday, May 23, 2011

I did it.....

It was the very first day, from beginning to end, that I did not use a cane....not once, since January 20th!  Doing the stairs though I had to hang on to the railing and wall....but no cane!  I did it!!!  I did it!!!  Sore...but I did it!!!

Now let's see what tomorrow's physio brings.

Today there was a pile of ironing to do, so that got done.

And I'm winding down my last few chapters of Hemingway.
Just had over an hour of good conversation with Matt and we talked about philosophical things and shared our lives with one another.  Shannon and Brittney are coming over now with home-made Flapper Pie...just what the doctor ordered....yum!  Another 10 pounds...but it was made with love, so the extra weight won't count...:)

Just brought in my potted flowers.  The sky has cleared and it looks like it's ready for one whopper of a frost.  I'd rather be safe!

It's been a good day.  I trust has been good for you as well.

I must be getting ready, psychologically, to re-enter the work force, back at my old job.  I dreamed last night that my boss called me into his office for a chat.  I don't recall what the chat was about..or even that we had one but he had a tone of voice when he called that I recall from some uneasy, vague time in the past.  I woke up in a bit of a sweat, needless to say.  But that was a dream....and this is reality.  I keep saying it....but....perhaps one day soon, I shall be back in the corner, answering phones, chatting with my co-workers, sending rude/humorous  emails and generally being my "good old" self.  Can't wait!

Tomorrow will also find me at the Cancer Society office, registering for my Relay for Life team....at long last.

Sleep well friends.  Tomorrow is also an opportunity to use your very special gifts and talents to help someone else out....someone who needs you.



Relay for Life - June 3 and 4, 2011 - Harry Jerome Track.  I'm trying to get together a few photos that could be auctioned off, as I haven't really done ANY fund-raising this year at all.  Perhaps I can put them up here on my blog and get some auctioning happening.  I'll try and do that tomorrow.  Nite'....

2 comments:

matt said...

Way to go! That's awesome! Keep up the good work, both with your knee and the 'Relay for Life'.

Sharon Kent said...

Thanks dear.