Monday, May 30, 2011

The Silent Auction continues...

I suppose if I can get a minimum of $100. for my nine pictures of various sizes, I will have at least paid for the  frames and $100. is nothing to sneeze at for Relay for Life, that's for sure.  We shall see how it progresses throughout the week.  I'd love to give them all away...and I normally do, but being a fund raiser, well, giving them away would kind of defeat the purpose of it all.:)  The team I belong to, "The Studs and Peelers", are a very hard-working bunch of individuals and they have worked tirelessly over this past year and they take these efforts very seriously as a way to raise cash for cancer research.

I wouldn't make such a big deal of this fund raising thing, but just today we said farewell to our friend, Ernie Heit, who died of brain cancer last week.  So this silent auction fits in perfectly with my reason for having this auction at all.

Yes, "together, we can make a difference"!

Here are the pictures that are on the auction block:


Bottom left - 4 x 6 "Dusk Through a Barbed Fence" (color) - by Matt Kent

Next ones are mine: 
4 x 6  "Loon on a Lake" (black and white)
4 x 6  "Hoar Frost on the North Saskatchewan" (color)
8 x 10 "Manitoba Legislative Building" (black and white)
Top 8 x 10 "Frosty Prairie Morning" (color)
5 x 7 "The Rose" (color)
Bottom 8 x 10 "Dandelion Puff" (black and white)
8 x 10 "Peeking Daisies" (color - previously sold, but I can make another)
5 x 7 "Little Red Swinging Bridge" (black and white)

There you have it.  Really hope and pray this will be successful in every way!

Oh, and it was totally awesome to be back at work this morning...even for two hours.  I only had 720 emails!