Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One thing I've missed....


We haven't had a boat to go fishing for the past two years.  Ken and I have really missed that opportunity.  We always enjoy getting out on the water on a warm, calm morning and heading to a "good spot" to cast our lines...or we just troll a while.  I think he misses the fishing but I really miss the picture taking of all the birds, animals and scenery that surrounds us every minute of the day no matter what lake we take to.
Around noon we stop for our "fishing lunch", consisting of a sandwich of some sort, some fruit, a drink and perhaps a cookie or two.  Then it's back to the task at hand...catching those illusive walleye or pike.

It is always so peaceful to me just to sit at the front of the boat and take in the sights, sounds and freshness of being on the water.  The colors amaze me.  The reflections of sky on water always take my breath away.


I wonder what next summer will bring, Lord willing.  Perhaps a boat will show up in the scheme of things, who knows.  I can only hope...
Sleep well.  We're in for another short heat wave.

No comments: