Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A sense.....

I really enjoy it when I sense things....correctly.  Going into a church budget meeting can be pretty daunting but for the past few days I sensed that this would be a good meeting, one in which we could all sense God's presence.  I think that happened this evening.

It is always good when we can go beyond what we think is doable, giving us a sense that we are depending on God to provide for the church's needs.  Whenever we can offer a 13% missions budget to the congregation, I think that is a very excellent indication that God is in our deliberations. 

Figuring out what to do with the congregation's Sunday offerings is a difficult task, but I really believe when the "living on the edge budget" is presented to our congregational Annual Meeting, they too, will see how God is at work in our midst.

There were some other really good things about the budget too, but those will have to wait to be mentioned at a later date.  There is no limit to what we can do when we all begin to tithe our resources.  Over the years, we have found again and again that we just can't out give God.  Living off $9. of every $10. we make shouldn't be all that difficult, right?  But it takes us a long time to really believe in this truth....and we thank God he has patience with us until we come to this point.....and beyond.

Tonight, I believe I shall sleep well.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

"It is always good when we can go beyond what we think is doable..."

Yes! That is awesome, as individuals but also, more importantly, as groups of individuals.