Friday, January 13, 2012

Like an old shoe...

I like it when those I love become as comfortable around me as an old shoe.  No reason for shining it up or taping up the sole.  It just fits well.  It shapes around my foot like it was molded to it.  It's a good feeling.

I like it when my children are comfortable in my home too.  They sit how and where they like.  They talk...or not.  They help themselves to whatever is around for them to eat or drink.  They do whatever they wish.  I like that.

We haven't had Matt live with us for a very long, long time, and it's good to have him around for a season.  He feels comfortable with us here, I think.  We enjoy having him stay and live and just be...with us. 

So, tomorrow,  they will all be home for supper.  Small things please me!

Snow is forecast too, in the next few days.  That will be good...snow in January is comfortable too.  Snow seems to fit January like a glove and they move together as one on the shimmering dance floor of winter with a great deal of grace and beauty in the rhythm of the season.

Take heart.  January is close to being half over...for this year.  Now we look to Valentine's Day....

No comments: