Thursday, February 23, 2012

Patience....

How dost/doest I lack patience????  Let me count the ways.....

- waiting in a long lineup
- waiting in a short lineup when I'm in a rush
- waiting for someone to finish telling me about a movie they watched (I just told someone today about a movie I had watched last night....good grief!!!!)
- waiting for my stubby nails to grow
-waiting to hear how someone made out in surgery
- waiting to hear news from a doctor about tests that had been taken
- waiting for water to boil...again....and again.....and again....and again.....and again....and again.....ya......

I think I could go on about that but I can imagine you're running out of patience just letting me rant about how few patience I have...so I'll stop already....

I think too, I need to find more concrete ways to enjoy life while my patience is hither and yon getting lost on trivial things.

Perhaps I shall put a name tag on him so when he does get lost, someone can point him in my direction.......something like....

"HELLO....my name is Sharon('s) Patience and I'm lost. 
Please send me home to #6 - 510 River Street East, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. 
She'll be waiting....impatiently!"

As silly as this "BOIL WATER ORDER" is, not to mention necessary, I find myself just running a bit low on patience these days.  As I said, silly!

I'll be off to our Women's Annual Retreat this weekend so poor husband will have to fend for himself....heeheeheehee.  As if he has ever had any problem with making himself something to eat!

It should be a good weekend...hope yours is good also!  A good time for making like some of the famous Coureur-des-Bois like Pierre-Esprit Radisson and Medard des Groseilliers.  Remember your grade 5 Canadian history classes?!  Dog races, jigging contests, lumber cutting, etc. etc.



 
MUSH!!!!

3 comments:

Mr. C.C. said...

If you are in a rush, you should have taken a few extra minutes so you wouldn't be rushed. My mom has said that working at Walmart, she has seen people in a rush that it's terrible. If you can help not be rushed, than do so. I guess that's good advice for a lot of us.

Matthew said...

Patience is like a garden, I think. It needs to be constantly tended to or the weeds will easily overtake it!

I hope you have a great weekend retreat and you can tell me about it when you get back:)

Sharon Kent said...

Chris: excellent advice...now all I have to do is plan ahead:)

Matt: that sounded like a comment your grandfather would have made... and yes, I look forward to telling you about the retreat except webcam is still not functioning...you could Skype call again though:) love you....