Monday, March 26, 2012

Galapagos Islands...

My co-worker is in South America...Equador, Peru, and not sure how many other countries.  Their group took a separate trip to the Galapagos Islands for a few days.  It was hot and they swam and snorkled in very warm waters.  Saw tortoises and sharks and all manner of Galapagos species.  Very cool.

He got his camera wet and now it's toast

Hope there is a replacement in that department as they're off now to Lima, Peru and various other stops.  A camera in this case would be considered a necessity.

I can't imagine getting some really good shots and then losing them.  Sometimes life can be pretty cruel in that regard.

I shall try to remember to be careful with my own 'Mr. O".  There are times when I forget to wrap the strap around my neck when I'm taking pictures on a boat or over some water, so I can certainly understand how my co-worker could have got his camera wet!  And I won't have an ocean to deal with!

I look forward to taking a few days off this week before my EDO.  One of those days will find us at the Immigration Canada building in Saskatoon to get our very first passports.  The last time we were in the U.S., 1997 to be exact, passports weren't needed.  So, should we ever decide to make a trip south, we'll be prepared!  We loved seeing the Black Hills and always enjoyed our trips through Montana and Idaho and Washington.  Beautiful country!

Anyway, I'm trying to see how good this laptop battery works.  I've read these are not known for their longevity!  If it's not good, we'll have to consider a different make.  We'll see.

Nite all....

No comments: