Thursday, April 12, 2012

Time out....

I just took a time out.

I've been tired and so have gone to bed between 9 and 9:45 all week.

That has given me between eight and a half and nine and a half hours of sleep EVERY NIGHT this week.

I feel better for it....hence, no blogging.

It's beginning to feel like a winding down of sorts at work.  Attempting to get things in order.  Making sure supplies are in abundance so no one has to do that kind of thing for quite a while. Having some important discussions.  Two co-workers will retire before mid-June, when I do.  Retirement functions will be the "in thing" it appears, for the next several weeks while government goes into 'restructure' mode.  I've said it before, but I believe this is the perfect time to exit stage right.

We also heard yesterday that a retired co-worker from Meadow Lake is going through some tragic circumstances.  His son was killed in a car crash this week.  So very sad.

We never know how circumstances in life will change us....what is in store for us from day to day.

On another note, we now have in our possession documents that belong to the Government of Canada.  They have said we can take these documents with us wherever we go in this world and that they have confirmed the fact that we exist, that we live right where we actually say we  live, that our faces look pretty much the same as portrayed on these documents and that our signatures really belong to us BUT if we don't behave, they will take our documents away.  Hope that doesn't mean that we won't exist.  You never know with governments these days!  (That's a joke, for anyone reading this who may work for Canadian Immigration)! I really don't want to get myself into trouble before I actually get myself out of the country.  That would be a pity!  I'm pretty impressed with my new passport though!

I'm off to bed.  Was supposed to be at a meeting tonight but had something more important to accomplish so I begged off my responsibility as a committee member for this night.  Sometimes there simply are things more important than meetings!

Tomorrow is a day off and I am looking forward to it with great gusto.  Only 5 more EDO's left!

No comments: