Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A few pics...

The retirement party looked something like this....but not in this particular order.  I'm still reeling.....

Ken and I
A small glimpse of the over 100 guests...
Our good friends, Charlie and Sandy...
The "Mc" boys always have a good time!
 The Mediocres did their stuff to the tune of  my favorite "Unforgettable"...
Friend Val did a bang-up job as MC!
Alycia, our summer student.
Penny saying some nice things and presenting me with a huge bundle of cash
from the entire staff!!! Sweet!
Matt said some beautiful things that made a lot of sense.
Shannon being her gracious self.
Twila, my co-worker represented SGEU Local 1105...my new watch proves it!
Hands...my love and I...
Brittney, Michael and Matthew playing Amazing Grace
and Mull of Kintyre...what a trio!
My beautiful daughter Shannon and I.
Corinne presented me with a rose....not from Sean Connery
but it was pretty fine nonetheless:)
Yes, I was there....really....
After my four line solo, folks actually got up on their feet.
I think I simply shocked them off their feet!
Cynthia made some lovely banners of my photos.
My beautiful Brittney.
Friends Randy and Teresa.
A hug is worth a thousand words....
I had something to say ....
A gift of an Orchid  from Brittney.
A co-worker Dick, visiting with newly retired Corny.
Virginia, Shannon and Matthew....looks like a draw!
The admin gals bought me this bouquet!
John visiting with retireee Joe and wife Helen.
Yes, you gals pulled it off without a hitch, right Dave?
I took my flowers out for a photo shoot in the sun.
They posed well.
The staff of Supreme Basics sent me this bouquet.

Executive Director Bob, said some nice things too....and
made me cry....
I tried to thank everyone...
We had a blast!
Another section of the group...some of my church friends...and
Shannon smiling beautifully...


So, all in all, people visited and enjoyed the entertainment and had an all-around good time.  The meal was fantastic too....Lone Wolf.  So much planning and details and the Admin staff worked so hard to make it all happen.  They deserve a week off.....Bob.....:)

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming of packing and making sure nothing is forgotten at home.  Ta ta....for now.

No comments: