Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Updates on life....

It’s a very warm, cloudy, humid day today at Waskesiu. Husband and I went for a drive around attempting to see some wildlife but I guess one will have to go to Saskatoon this week to see that (today’s Star Phoenix)!!!! It’s amazing that so few people are able to intimidate such great numbers. Hope their party goes well!


I’ve been thinking a lot about my ‘former’ co-workers these days….wondering how they are, what they’re doing, if life is treating them well and vice versa. How the ones who have recently retired are doing….Corny, Darwin, Dave, Brian…. It still feels very strange that I will not be returning to the office, to the people that have over the years, meant so much to me. In ways I cannot quite understand, it seems almost unfair that one should have to experience these feelings of….severance….for lack of a better word….of being cut off from the lives of these folks who have been a daily part of my own life. I believe September will bring about a major shift in my thought patterns as I learn to live more quietly, more intentional, perhaps, than I ever have before. I’m beginning to see that life, even later in life, brings opportunities for rethinking old ways and old habits, of learning new ones that may benefit me and others. I’m not exactly sure what those may be but I shall attempt to be intuitive to those possibilities.

I have been enjoying these days of ‘aloneness’. Not sure why either. Perhaps it is that I’m having to take time to think on many things and one doesn’t do that kind of thing well with many people around. And another thing I’m finding is that I believe for many years I’ve been experiencing sleep deprivation. No kidding!! I’ve been able to sleep 10 and 11 hours every night…no problem. It’s a far cry from 6 and 7 hours a night while I was working.

So, for now, I will enjoy my time with husband and granddaughter. She will be leaving soon and that, of course, will be another shift in life for us left behind. I don’t expect to see a great deal of her from now on but I trust that the many things she has learned and experienced thus far, will hold her in good stead as she moves forward along her path in life. It’s not like she’s moving a little ways away so I must get my head around that too, that there won’t be weekends and various holidays where we can expect to see her. But those are my feelings, things I must deal with. She, on the other hand, is excited to be moving on to new cultures and experiences and schools. It’s amazing to see how far she’s come!!!

Perhaps this evening will find us pickerel fishing…Randy knows a good spot???!!! We shall see! I wonder when I’ll be able to post this???? Typing it in the trailer and when I get to some WiFi I’ll post it.

I’m thinking of you all…….with much fondness…..

1 comment:

Matthew said...

"I’m beginning to see that life, even later in life, brings opportunities for rethinking old ways and old habits, of learning new ones that may benefit me and others. I’m not exactly sure what those may be but I shall attempt to be intuitive to those possibilities."

That's a great recognition. Development only stops when we no longer want to develop; there's always further for all of us to go...but in an exciting way!