Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dr. Java's...

Went for coffee this morning with Shannon.  We went to Dr. Java's in Victoria Square.

Nice atmosphere.  Loads of sun.  Quiet.  Friends everywhere.  Super service. Friendly staff.  GREAT coffee!

We had a nice time.

Now to rest up a bit for "Kid's Klub"!  Not sure what the menu is today but the kids will be out in full force and bring along their super appetites.  We have our work cut out for us!

Tomorrow Ken begins his physio for his gimpy, arthritic hip and leg.

Friday he gets an "eyelid lift".  He may look like a raccoon for a few days/weeks but at least we shall be able to see his eyes now!  I told him I'd like that surgery too, to get rid of my eyelid wrinkles but I guess I'll simply have to live with them.  Heaven knows I don't need surgery to see MY eyes!!!!!! blink...blink...blink.... A shame I say...he gets free surgery on his little eyes but I would have to pay to get that done on my BIG eyes.  Guess it pays to have "two pee-holes-in-the-snow"...as Ken calls them...lol.....

On another note, some days I find retirement very strange.  I continue to feel like I should be doing "more" but when I look at my schedule for the week, I'm probably doing "more" than I did before...just with many rests in between:)  At least, that's how I shall view it!  And getting up every day at 8 AM is just fine with me.

Looking forward to seeing water,  green grass and leaves now that the snow banks have melted and evaporated.

The view from our apartment building.

Waskesiu River.

Waskesiu Lake peeking through lush, new June leaves.

And there's just something about water that I love...good to live beside a river and get to a lake all summer!

No comments: