Sunday, August 19, 2007

Boooooooommmmmmm!!!!

Ya, that was some way to wake up this morning. Lightening flashing before my closed and sleepy eyelids followed by a crrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaccck...booooooooommmmmmmmmmm. Great way to start Sunday.

I love storms. Electrical storms. Snow storms. Rain storms and of course, wind storms (although, I could do without those).

I always feel so helpless in the presence of them, so reliant on something else to keep me safe from the outcomes these storms can produce.

I enjoy seeing and feeling the power of God in nature. It makes me feel terribly insignificant. And in the scheme of things, I am.

Oh God, when the storms of life come raining down, keep me safe, hold me upright and walk beside me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed, there's nothing like a storm to make one appreciate a warm house with shingles that don't leak.