Sunday, October 28, 2007

Catch-up.

My body is so far behind it thinks it's ahead.

The weekend had so much stuff packed into it, I'm looking forward to my paying job tomorrow!

All that aside, Pastor Randall's sermon today had me weeping.....just sitting there silently weeping. The tears just happened....like a dam had broken. It wasn't all blabbering and sobbing and blowing nose kind of tears but ones that came from deep inside me, welling up and overflowing into my eyes and onto my cheeks and over my shirt. They just kept coming and I had no control over it.

I think it was once again, the realization that the God of the entire universe, the One who put the stars in their perfect place, who fashioned the orbits of the galaxies and planets, who designed and created a rose and a skunk, who blazed a sunset on the horizon and the One who has created me, a recipient of his great design.......to realize all of this, and then to think that He has seen fit to speak words of encouragement into my ears in the night..........the very same eternal God of all ages, the Jesus of Nazareth who allowed himself to be crucified in my place, to show me how love could be poured out in such an extravagant measure..............are you following my thoughts here, because I'm finding it so difficult to express this realization..................ya, it had me weeping.

It was good. It gave me once again a perspective of who I am in the scheme of things here on earth.

Thanks God..........again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It actually had the same kind of effect on me, while I was preparing it. Deep places inside were melting like wax in a fire...

anyway, I wasn't really sure anybody else would benefit from it. I'm glad it did.

peace.

Sharon Kent said...

I wonder how we will be able to express ourselves in His holy presence. It's thrilling to ponder these thoughts..........