Saturday, October 6, 2007

There's something about marriage..................

It's funny. Perhaps strange would be a more suitable word.

When husband is away, it's a bit like half of me is not present or doesn't function somehow.

I know I continue on when he's gone.......eating, and sleeping and working and all the regular stuff.

But this year it's just a little more acute........the "being apart" part.

With my hitting "60" in a few months and husband and I working up to our "40th" wedding anniversary next July..................ya, that may be the reason I love it when we're together. After THAT many years, the togetherness just feels right.

God has blessed me with a good man, a caring man, a man who has walked with me through good and not-so-good times, a man who can make me feel special and precious and yes, even though I'm close to 60, he can make me "feel like a woman".............

Yes, there really is something about marriage and being together....... and I'm glad he's home.

P.S. Hope this post didn't gross out our children.........heh heh heh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not until you said, "...heh heh heh"

Sharon Kent said...

Sorry......kind of ;-)