Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gifts.

In relation to Pastor Randall's sermon today regarding the topic of gifts, I think I have found out what my gift is.

I think my gift is shoveling snow.

I like to take the shovel and heap up piles of the powdery, white, cold stuff.

I fling it here and there. I even flung it over the neighbor's fence. There was just no other place to put it. I like to think that when spring arrives my neighbor and I will share in the marvelous richness of the spring melt. I think I aught to tell him though......as soon as I see him. Yes. I shall.

I figured I had better count the shoveling as a gift as it kind of coincides with all the praying I've been doing to get that snow falling in my yard. I am thankful for answered prayers and the sore back that goes along with it!

Now. Go Riders. At least I think this is the day they play their game.......ho hum.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you saying your gift is your talent at shoveling or the fact that you are able to do so, or maybe just that there's enough snow to actually shovel?

Anyway, I'll make a note to not get you that for your birthday.

Sharon Kent said...

No. I wouldn't want a duplicate. You're so thoughtful, Son. ;-)