Saturday, December 15, 2007

I just hope Jesus likes it.

A friend asked me if I would help her sing as she leads the Sunday Morning worship tomorrow.

I said yes.

I probably should have said no.

The pastor has been speaking about our gifts - spiritual and other types of gifts. My gift is not singing. I can kind of sing on tune. I really enjoy singing. I find the older I get, the more quickly I run out of breath. Not good for leading people in hymn singing.

So, in light of my inadequacies, tomorrow I go into worship with only one thing on my mind.....Jesus Christ and his worthiness.

I think he even takes our inadequacies and uses them to help us learn and grow and sometimes even become humiliated in the process. Because really, there are ever so many more folks within the congregation who CAN sing........... and sing very well AND actually knowing something ABOUT music.

I just needed to help out a friend, and so, "Lord, use my feeble singing efforts tomorrow to help lead the people in singing your praises...............praises that you will really enjoy."

Amen.

1 comment:

Linea said...

I really like this especially in light of the sermon topic this morning. We offer our weaknesses. And even our strengths are pretty feeble aren't they?