Sunday, December 23, 2007

P a r............TY

It's one continuous party and it all began Friday night with the 'Open House at the Friesen's".

From then it's been one feast after another.

Today is no exception. Son has turned 24 today. Another feast of "ribs and ice cream cake for dessert" kind of day.

Twenty-four years ago today it was -40C something. Thick ice on the hospital windows, canceled Christmas dinner at our house until after New Years. Lots to remember that Christmas as my dad was in hospital too and very sick.

Twenty-four years. Son has been a good son, dare I say, an exceptional son......and continues to bless us as his parents.

Here's to you, Matt. May God do all he needs to do this next year of your life and that you would then be changed even more into his likeness.

Your family loves you! Happy Birthday!


mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Sharon! All the best to you and your family this season. I am having a wonderful time with my parents being here. My heart is breaking already - knowing that they will be leaving soon and knowing that my brother is all by himself today. No one should be alone on Christmas. I am sure my phone calls to him every three hours are annoying him! See you in the New Year.

Sharon Kent said...

Yes. The New Year looks promising and thanks for your good wishes.

Your brother is alone....but not really. With Jesus, we're never alone.......but I do know what you mean.

See you next week. Enjoy your time with your folks too, Deb.