Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow drifts.

Those lovely, white, sometimes high walls of snow, you know those things that form during a snow storm with wind. Ya.

Coming out of church the other morning, I leaped over one. When my right foot came settling down on the even surface of the parking lot, it was like slow motion in the blink of an eye, if that's possible.

My foot landed on shear ice, flinging me upward, sideways and around in enough time that I couldn't change my flight path if my life depended on it.

But how do you land on your shin???? and nowhere else????? My shin!!!! That's how fast it happened. If I'd had a choice, I would have landed on my ample hips, thighs or other prominent bodily surfaces. No, I would not have chosen a shin.

My shin, just below my right knee looks like that horror movie....you know, where there's this black thing wiggling just under the surface of the girl's skin, wanting to get out, except in my case, it's not moving. Just looks like some dead, dark, menacing creature lying there, unable to move. Well, it's a lump anyway.....and it's sore. I really wanted to cry when I fell, but I was in too much of a hurry to pick up husband and get to work. So, instead I said Ohhhhhoooooooo, ouuuuuuuuuuuu, oweeeeeeeeee all the way home........

I don't like doing pirouettes just before sunrise in a church parking lot.

At least I was alone and it was pretty dark.

If you saw it happen, please don't reveal the story in my presence.

Ignorance is bliss...........to my way 'a thinkin'...........

2 comments:

Linea said...

Was that on the way in - cause I sure did not see you dancing out there in the parking lot!

Hope the evidence fades quickly.

Sharon Kent said...

No. On my way out....ahead of you. That'll teach me to wait for my friends!