Saturday, February 9, 2008

Stay home!

As my dear father used to say often in the winter, "It's not fit for man nor beast".

Well, in my father's footsteps, I too say, "It's not fit for man nor beast.....nor women for that matter!!!"

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO OUT TODAY...D O N ' T! STAY HOME!!!

It's a "sit-by-the-fire-and-drink-tea-or-whatever" kind of day.

Husband and I went out, but we're foolish.........and hardy, of course. :-)

We figured if the ravens can go flying around out there with a minus 42 windchill factor, we can too. Besides, we're gearing up and preparing for our potluck tomorrow so stuff had to be purchased in order to feed the hardy souls that show up to celebrate Gateway's good 2007 we had last year.

It will be great. Oh, and if you're in the neighborhood, come on over to Gateway for some great food tomorrow around noon-ish. We ALWAYS have lots and we ALWAYS have a great time eating together. We'll welcome you.

Church starts at 10 if you feel so inclined, but if you don't feel so inclined, come for the food. And I mean that!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Grammy♥!!!! It is very cold here today as well. I will talk to you tomorrow because I have a birthday party I am attending tonight! But I love you and I miss you, and have fun at the potluck!

P.S. Be safe and don't slip in the shower:)!!!!

Love Brittney
xoxoxoxooxxoxoxo♥

Sharon Kent said...

Oh, my little sweetie-weetie, I miss you too. Only 6 more sleeps!

Have fun at the party too, my darling. We'll have fun eating tomorrow as well...wished you could be here to share in the day, but you'll be in my heart.....

Love,
Grammy

Linea said...

Thinking of everyone at church and missing being there!