Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I wonder...

I wonder if people look at me and the things I do and think to themselves, "So, that's what she's really like...not the person I figured her to be, that's for sure. I think she tries to impress others by the way she speaks and if she's trying to impress others, she probably doesn't have much confidence in who she is as a person. I think she's a total fake!"

Anyway, if you find out things about me like that, just whack me over the head with a 2 x 4. It would be better than me being superficial and trying to look important.....and it might even knock some sense into me. It could be a good thing.

There are just some events in life that make me shake my head and really wonder about folks.

But I wonder about myself too. I think that even if we do have Christ within us, changing us into His likeness, we still can become arrogant, perhaps a bit self-centered, thinking more highly of ourselves than we aught. Perhaps we could still attempt to make ourselves look better than the person sitting across from us, as a way of being superior to that person. Have you ever witnessed a person really taking over a conversation, attempting to get others to think they are very intelligent and highly educated and really on the ball about everything.

Ya, it makes me sick to my stomach too.

Christ says that our only confidence should be in Him.....not ourselves.

I shall attempt to remember that a little more often. If I don't like to see it in others, I surely do not want to see it in me!

May the Lord have mercy on me......

No comments: