Sunday, July 27, 2008

Well, that was fast!

"How can 5 weeks go by so quickly?", I ask myself.

I suppose that is how vacations go. Not wearing a watch for that time period, my minutes run into hours and my hours into days and those days into weeks. Like a time slot out of the ordinary. A place where the norm is different from the usual norm. Ya.

So, tomorrow the inevitable arrives.

Work.

I love my job, but boy oh boy, I really love those vacation days a whole lot more.

Seems like the older one gets, the more time is needed to catch up on rest. I think that's fair.

I need to get back into a routine again. I like holidays but it's good to get back to where I left off 5 weeks ago.

I need to catch up with people again. I like being away for a time but I need to see where my friends are at - physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

It was good to be with granddaughter too, during that time, as well as having daughter and son-in-law visit. We actually got them in the boat....fishing!!!!

But I miss my son. "Where are you Matt? I'm needing a hug in the very near future!!"

I think it will be a busy week ahead......inumerable emails, catching up with the comings and goings at work and getting tired in the middle of it all.....ho hum..........

It was a great rest, God. Thanks a whole lot for that.

No comments: