Friday, August 29, 2008

Reflections....





These scenes were some of the most beautiful mornings I have ever experienced. The sun was hot by 9 a.m. It was still and steamy. We had the privilege many days of being the lone boat on the entire lake. Even the water birds were quiet, enjoying their family times together with long lazy hours of preening.
Days like this too, allowed me tranquil moments of reflection. These pictures reflect my mood and my inner sense of solitude. The middle picture I remember taking and thinking I would just love to jump overboard to find I really was jumping into a huge fluffy white cloud. I needed to capture it so I could be reminded of how peaceful I felt at that moment.
No, I wasn't always fumbling with the camera.
When I see these pictures again, I am reminded of the things I had been reflecting upon, people I had been praying for.....ya, it was most likely you.......
I thank God for times like that. The 5 weeks of vacation quickly disappeared into history but when I am again faced with the routine and the fast pace of life, I can sit and watch the reflections....and remember.
I hope you take some reflective time this long weekend...and enjoy God's beauty.

No comments: