Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sitting ducks...etc.









Again and again I am bowled over by God's creativeness. The color schemes in themselves would rate a 10 out of 10.
If you click on the pictures you'll be able to see these lovely creatures in more detail. I do believe I have really fallen in love with birds. Some day perhaps I would like to join the many bird watchers in town and learn more about them, their habits, their sounds their rituals.
I know some bird watchers already and they're pretty decent people.;-)
Picasso Pelican, Mamie Merganzer and her merganzer tribe along with Lenny, Lois and Lewis Loon all just sat around there in the water, paddling to and fro. Had I stayed around I'm sure we could have been talking before the day was through.
Gwendolyn Goose, as young as she was, sat there alone without the presence of her gaggling goose father watching over her. I think she was pretty happy just to have a few moments alone to think of what she would do at the beach the next day.
Garry Green Head looked like he'd been in a knock down drag 'em out fight at some point in his adventures but sat close to the girls, offering them all of his attentiveness, good looks and charm.
Soon they will all leave us here for southern, warmer climes but I know they'll come back again next year and raise more kids. I think they have it over on me though, in the "leaving for warmer climes" bit. Guess I'll never be a bird brain or I'd be gone too!

No comments: