Saturday, October 18, 2008

Heavenly peace....

Gateway Covenant Christmas Eve, 2007

The Kent home, Christmas Eve, 2007


Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin mother and child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace.
I wonder what it's like to sleep in heavenly peace. Sometimes our world is not heavenly and certainly not peaceful. There are so many people everywhere, in our countries, in our cities........dare I say, in our families, where those two words struggle to exist......heavenly.....peace...
In 67 days we will celebrate the coming of the King, the coming of His entrance into humanity. Christ came to show us little snippets of the heavenly realm by speaking peace and living it.
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~John 14:27
So, this night, if you are troubled, alone and afraid...if you feel less than peaceful and your home is not as heavenly as it could be, my prayer for you is that you will "...sleep in heavenly peace....sleep in heavenly peace"......amen...

2 comments: