Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The job....













Dare I say, I must be one of the most fortunate persons on this planet. This is where I work!!! Imagine!!!
In the top picture my viewing window is on the left, which in turn looks out over the spectacular atrium below.
I have that view every day I come to work, which in turn, allows that work to be most enjoyable.
Of course, the building is magnificant. Don't you agree?
It doesn't hold a candle though, to the great folks I work with.
(Bottom pic) Twila, Val, Larry and Deb happened to be at the front counter this morning when my camera was in action. And these marvelous people are only four out of the 60+ others I work with. They're a grand bunch, those Forest Service folks. They are more than co-workers to me. They are friends. We find time together to eat, laugh, cry, verbalize, drink coffee, get mad and tell jokes, all the while serving the people of Saskatchewan.....with sincerity, kindness and a smile.
Good people make your job, not a job at all, but "a place to be"....somewhere real, a place where home and work meet head on...........and the work gets done.
I have a chair next to my desk.........."and what's going on with you today???"....I ask.

No comments: