Saturday, November 22, 2008

Advent is coming......



Since I'm responsible for gathering together various people to share their gifts for next Sunday's Family Advent Service, I've been looking through the Covenant Hymnal. I'm looking for Advent hymns and readings to make the service come alive. Music is the key.
People will be practicing their numbers......songs, readings, instrumentals, etc. It's all quite exciting as we prepare for the big day next Sunday afternoon starting at 3:30 p.m.
And if you're reading this and you're saying to yourself, "I have always wanted to sing at an Advent program, but no one has asked me!!!"..........well, consider yourself asked. Now all you have to do is tell me what you're going to sing and you'll be written into the bulletin. Don't be shy. Those gifts of yours need to be spread around a bit. A fellow even did his juggling act one year! It was his gift after all!
We're going to be having a "Finger Food Supper" following the program for only $7./person. Not bad at all. And Loan Wolf (that's Loan Shark's cousin:-) will be catering - so you had better pay up, or else. hee hee ha ha ha ha Oh, I guess that should be Lone Wolf. We need to advertise properly!
So, next Sunday, November 30, is the beginning of the Advent Season. The beginning of preparations within us, to meet the Christ of Christmas.
Let's not get hopelessly lost in the pine cones and ribbons and cards and presents and baking and decorating and parties and..........ya.................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish we could come to the advent services, as they are my favourite...I like that idea of having a finger food or appetizer get together afterwards. If I could I would come, but I can't. I know it will be good, as I think everyone really enjoys it. But it will be a bit different this year, won't it? As Lauralea and Randall will be absent!!!

Sharon Kent said...

I so wish that you could be here too, for the program. Some year perhaps dear.

And yes, it will be different without the Friesens.:-(

We have people though, stepping up and moving in and forward in their absence. Funny how that goes. But we're still looking for a "sound" person for the program as Cory and Fiona will be leading the service and they're the ones who have been running sound since Micha and Thomas are no longer here.

Life's changes.

Linea said...

Cory and Fiona are the MC's? They talked aabout her doing sound and Emily helping MC during class. That way we'd have both.

Sharon Kent said...

Ya, they hadn't finalized it when I spoke with Fiona. Looks like they changed their minds. They're supposed to let me know of their final decision.