Friday, November 21, 2008

A few wrinkles....



My hands certainly didn't look like that 41+ years ago when husband offered the engagement ring to me. They were soft, supple, no age spots and certainly no wrinkles.
The diamond looks the same though. It will never change....well, I suppose it could change over the next thousand years but that hand will be long gone back into ye old dust from whence it came, by then.
It's a sobering thought, don't you think?
A co-worker and I were talking "wrinkles" the other day. We were both complaining a bit about how we have changed since we were young and what each other was doing to try and keep age at bay. We talked about anti-wrinkle creams and how I could get rid of liver spots and how she could get rid of her eye creases and me, my laugh lines.
We figured we aught to be lying on our backs as we sleep so gravity could smoothe out those lines because when we lie on our sides our faces scrunch up and "presto"....face lines over night, deeper than the Little Red River after it overflows it's banks.
I thought too, maybe it would help if I didn't laugh and smile so much. Dang. Why am I such a happy person anyway. But then I came to the conclusion that I'd rather be a happy old lady with wrinkles than an old lady that is afraid to smile for fear she may start to "look" her age.
My thinkin' is that I shall be proud to wear my lines and wrinkles because afterall, God has given me a life to live, and live it I have, which includes the good the bad and the ugly, and at the end of this life, whenever that may be, I hopefully will be able to say I was a person that was able to maybe make a few other people smile too...........with some lines to prove it.
Wrinkles.............I may look like a prune...........but I'm a happy prune. Oh....ya......
Long live "L'Oreal Advanced RevitaLift"!!!!!
(This has been a non-paid, non-political announcement)
We'll save "the joys of gaining weight after pregnancy, during menopause & any time after 50" for another enjoyable night.
Don't forget to sleep on your backs..........if you haven't gained so much weight that you can't....like me.............sigh..............

1 comment:

Mr. C.C. said...

Being married this long is a milestone. Some couples only wish they could last half as long.