Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Listening....


It was that kind of day.


I listened to BostonPete.com at work today with all the Christmas songs.


I listened to people come and go from the office....some were happy, others sad or mad or grouchy or enthusiastic.


I listened to friends today who are having difficult times. They aren't quite seeing the end of the tunnel and it seems like nothing is falling into place like they hoped it would....at least as quickly as it could.


I heard a friend tell me about a child. An older child. We take on the troubles of our children as if they were our own. Always. We want "the best for them". Sometimes we forget that in those times our children are being moulded and refined by our Creator...God. He is fashioning us in new ways. He's asking us to discard our old clothes, our old ways, for some totally new ones.....ones that don't quite feel right yet, but in time, they will. They will feel right because God has done the fitting. Ya.


So, the day was good. It reminded me again of the importance of caring for people, of loving them..........and listening.


Keep me listening to you God, as I walk through life. Teach me more about what I need to know, so I can be of more value to those around me. Give me ears to hear.......

1 comment:

Mr. C.C. said...

BostonPete.com has some great stations. Good choice for music. Another good station for music is SmoothJazz.com. I would fall asleep listening to it at CBC.