Monday, December 15, 2008

A shopping misfit......


Our first go at Christmas shopping.


Crowds are pretty slim so guess we can't call them "crowds".


The five stores we entered didn't have anything we wanted. Nothing. Zilch. Zip. Zero.


Haven't the stores heard the message about how tall and slim most young men are these days??????? Tall. Over six foot four...tall. With matching arms, no less.


I hope Thursday will be a little more fruitful.

It's too cold outside and too hot inside for shopping.


My socks fell down into my boots making a big ball under my foot so I didn't enjoy walking.


My feet ache.


I'm a miserable, giftless, no-good,Christmas shopping failure.:-)


If I had a crystal ball I just may see "gift cards" in my future sprees........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOnestly, none of us need anything and aren't worried about getting anything for Christmas. If you are insistent on shopping then honestly, gift cards might just be a perfect solution for everybody - it takes the streess and worry away from you guys and it allows us to go out and have fun finding ourselves something that fits perfectly. Another gift idea would be for you to just frame some of your pictures.
Love Shannon

Linea said...

Shannon's right. But we shop anyway. We are in a mood to give and although gift cards are great and practical they don't wrap well.

Mr. C.C. said...

I started earlier than usual, so I got everything done except my one sister.

Maybe next year Sharon you could start a little earlier on the Christmas shopping so you don't get stuck with nothing.

Sharon Kent said...

I just may have to take that very valuable advice, Chris. But somehow I need to "see" Christmas around me to be able to do that kind of shopping. Tree, snow, cold, decorations....well, this year, even that didn't get me goin'. Oh well. It'll all be good.

Mr. C.C. said...

Sharon, they start commercializing earlier each year so it seems. They also start bringing out the decorations and stuff earlier each year or so it seems. So is that enough Christmas to get you in the mood. Maybe its Burl Ives or Bing Crosby randitions of Christmas songs being played over the public announce system in stores is what you need? Whatever it is, last minute shopping sucks because you get stuck with the crap nobody wants.