Friday, December 26, 2008

Time goes by too quickly!

Santa Claus made his visit.

Gifts ready to be opened in the morning.

First to arrive for the holidays.....and first to leave.....today:-(


Clothes were modeled.


Surprise packages opened.

The Advent Wreath was lit.....to celebrate Jesus!
How did 6 days go by so quickly.......I'm still back on Wednesday.
There was a frenzy of whispering, wrapping, hiding, and secrets before Christmas morning.
Presents were exchanged. Turkey meal was consumed. Tea was made....several times. Movies were watched. Lates nights and early mornings....for some.
When all is said and done, the best thing was the presence (not presents) of my family.
That's all. No more. Finis.
The cards remain with the written words. The pictures remain to remind me they were here.
But a part of my heart goes back to their homes with them.
I'm really glad that Christ remains constant. He never leaves me and yet he also goes to be with my loved ones. A mystery.
Thanks God, for your reminder this Christmas season, that you walk with us in this life, prodding us along and encouraging us to go on....to go further....to explore and search the depths of your being and all you have for us in this life.
And now for another birthday tomorrow....

2 comments:

Mr. C.C. said...

It is to bad that Matt had to leave yesterday. I would have liked to have hung out with him. But alas I didn't. But you shouldn't see them going back to their home as a bad thing. Treasure the time they were here and know that they will be back.

Sharon Kent said...

No Chris. Them going back home to Winnipeg is all good. Moms just miss their kids for a while after they're gone, that's all.

Ya, it's too bad you didn't get to be with Matt for a time. Perhaps next time.