Saturday, March 21, 2009

In absence of a daughter....


I had a "date" with someone else's daughter.


We, each of us, tackled a "dinner for one" at Vu's restaurant. I ate almost all of mine.:-(


Dixie took the rest of hers home.


Then we watched "Mamma Mia" at her place, complete with comments about Colin Firth's musical abilities and Stellan Skarsgard's bare butt, not to mention all the positive comments about Pierce Brosnan. We both figured Brosnan got a bum deal from the press about his singing. We figured he sounded quite good, but we needed to remember not to watch him sing the songs as he looked a bit tense, shall we say. Great movie. Super movie. Entertainment extravaganza!


Then we watched a video cassette of a "LipSync" concert put on by Dixie and Marc before they were married. It was quite the show. I shall never look at that fellow the same way again.


My only comment, after regaining my composure from laughing was that that man of hers must REALLY love her a great deal and that I couldn't imagine asking Ken to dress up in his suit and shirt and tie (colors matching my 70's long dress) and have us each hold a red candle (as a microphone) and together, lip sync some old tunes by Aaron Nevil. Oh ya, I do believe that fellow loves her a whole lot.


We ate her home-made cookies, some mixed nuts, Nibs and Starbursts and washed it down with Coke.


It was a grand evening and I loved being with Dixie. But you know, it just made me miss my daughter ever-so-much......


Now to bed. I'm helping to lead the worhship singing in church tomorrow where lip sync-ing is frowned upon.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dixie's in big trouble for showing you the B&N video. Big trouble. I should have destroyed that tape years ago.

Sharon Kent said...

Oh no Marc. It was most excellent! I think it needs to be made much more available to folks. Like I said, you love that girl to pieces!

I liked the quivering lips....:-)