Sunday, March 22, 2009

Signs of change?


I think an icicle is a sure sign of impending spring. The above picture was taken in February but even so, when the earth begins its transition on it's axis to being closer to the sun, everything changes. It has to. That's just the result of the earth's continuing rotation and tilt. We expect things to change because of that fact.
I think it's the same with our lives. When God comes and shines his Light on us and we begin our turn and rotation towards Him, we change. We become something different. Something new. We cannot help ourselves. It is the result of the Light and that inner something (Spirit) that turns us towards that light, that we begin our transformation.
Heading into the last third of life (Lord willing), I've begun to think more on things that will be of value, those things I have left here, when I've completed that last third of life. Things I will have left behind for others - good or bad. I need that transformation to take place. I want it to take place. Then, when life has been wholly lived, I will be able to go from here at peace, knowing that the Light continues to shine on those I love, on those who love me.....and even on those I don't particularly love.
The signs of change.
May I always be facing your Light, God, so change and newness will continue to be evident in me.

No comments: