Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Worth.....


Worth.
What are we worth?
Ten bucks?...a hundred.......million.......kazillion..........???
Ya, we aren't worth any of those numbers are we? We are worth so much more than that.
Worth. Value. Importance. Significance.
We sometimes attempt to put value on our existance, don't we. We say we have "X" number of friends, or we own "X" number of houses, or vehicles, we have "X" number of degrees, we make "X" amount of money. All these "X's" must put value on something!
No. They really don't. None of life's material things can take the value of one person. Nothing.
I value YOU because I know you, I know your heart, your motives, your thoughts, your longings.
I value YOU because you are a part of my life, a part that I have come to appreciate and love.
So, if I ever hear any of you say, "I'm worthless", I won't believe you. You are not worth-less...you are worth-more......more than anything this world can offer or place a dollar value on.
Your life to me, is important. So, if your life is important to me, how much more worthwhile is your life to the One who knew you before I did, the One who said you were worth dying for....... and he has already done that for you.....and me. Me, on the other hand, well, I'm not sure I could die for you...but maybe I could.
John 15:13 (New International Version)
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
I'm going to think on that during this Lenten Season. Jesus gave all he had...his very life, just and only for YOU.......so he obviously thought you were of enormous value..........

No comments: