Sunday, March 1, 2009

Retreat....

Ms. Squirrel attended!
Jeff, Kathy and Liz our hosts, looked after us well.

Linea lead us in evening vespers.

L to R....Maureen Dynna (guest speaker), and her
sister-in-law and retreat co-ordinator, Dixie Vandersluys
after a long day....


Gateway women Retreating at 'The Quest', Christopher Lake.
The sunrise that greeted us each morning.

It was a magnificant retreat for the past three days. I can't really tell you how much it meant.
We were treated like royalty. Cathy and her daughter Liz cooked fabulous meals and Jeff kept the whole place running smoothly not to mention keeping the beautiful fireplace going.
We laughted until we were nearly sick. We shed tears at the moving of God's Spirit. We played games to allow us to get to know one another more. We talked and we talked.....and listened. These are the times, when we get together, that we grow in our faith and in our love for each other. Much needed times.
Even my ride home turned into a beautiful gift of affirmation from my friend. It is good to be encouraged by someone you admire and love.............and who is your role model!
God came to stay the weekend too....I just didn't get a picture of him.....He's really a lot of fun too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that you had a good time, and I hope all of the women did too. Love the pictures. I can't wait to see the rest. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that IS a great squirrel picture!!

Linea said...

That's a great squirrel picture. So clear!

Anonymous said...

Now I'm homesick. Thanks very much.

For real? I was thinking of y'all this weekend, and realizing that it's the second year in a row I had to miss retreating with you. (last year was the thyroid surgery). Maybe next year I can slip over and join you.

I DID miss you though. I'm glad it went well.

: )

Sharon Kent said...

Ya, we spoke of you too!!! And next year...that would be ONE way to see you again.

Thanks for thinking of us too, Lauralea.

Just because friends move west, doesn't mean they have left our hearts.....:-)