Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nature...





To me, nature is synonymous with lakes and coniferous trees, grasses, birds and flowers.
I like those things.
They illustrate the creativity of the Creator.
To me, there is never a simple, plain red-winged black bird or crow. They are creatures with beautiful plumage which allows them to take flight........ but they also have eye sight far beyond our own (I haven't seen any of them having to wear bifocals!) and their beaks....shiny, rock-hard and used for their very survival.
The various greens of the forest trees, resplendent in their new spring leaves, keeping watch on their charges who make nests in their branches........giving off oxygen to sustain life for all of us on earth.

Of course there is the water. Lakes. Rivers. Sloughs. (oops, I mean Ponds - how gauche of me!). Feeding all of creation, swelling up from deep beneath the earth and in turn, falling as droplets which hover above it.
God provides for creation....his creation....that's me and you....... and a dog named boo!
Let's enjoy our gifts and be thankful for them.

No comments: