Monday, June 8, 2009

Well, I'll be a dog bit by a flea......

Somehow this afternoon, I lost a whole hour.

I still can't figure out where the darned thing went.

I was busy doing various things......ordering, changing toner cartridges, cleaning up the mess that everyone else leaves in the storage cabinets, looking for various emails I needed, checking calendars, answering emails, typing and registering letters, answering phones.

But be danged when I looked at my watch I thought for sure it said 4:00 p.m.

And at 4:01 the phone rang. It was husband.

"Hello?", says I, as I see his name displayed on the tele.

"Hi", says he. "I'm just leaving now." I was just about to ask, "Why are you telling me you're going somewhere....I really don't need to know you're about to leave the house for unknown parts".....but before I could make that statement he followed his sentence with...."I'll be a few minutes before I pick you up!"

"Pick me up!???" I exclaim and question as my eyes fall upon my wrist watch. I looked twice.

Yessireeee Bob....it surely did say 5:01 p.m.

So I have come to the conclusion that I either slept for an hour in the storage room at work or some aliens came and messed with my mind for an hour without me knowing about it.

Either way.....I'm in deep doo-doo...........wouldn't you say?????

No comments: