Friday, November 27, 2009

It's a record...





Two hundred and fourteen spicy raisin-butter tarts.
It was a baking marathon beginning at noon and ending at 4:30 p.m.......today.
Five batches of pie crust and 10 times the single recipe for the filling.
So, now I'm ready for the baking exchange at work and I still have plenty to keep in the freezer for Christmas for ourselves...and guests.
The pie dough and the raisin filling made a mad dash for the finish line with just enough dough left to make one apple dumpling.
Husband helped. He was the "go-fer", the tart tin washer, and the time keeper...plus he put all of them into the freezer in buckets.
And I'm bushed.....and they taste pretty dang good too. Husband says they're the best ever...of course, he says that every year! :)

3 comments:

Linea said...

They look yummy. Oh no, here come ten pounds of Christmas goodness I'm afraid!

Shannon said...

I wish I could have been there for that (at least to help taste). It was nice seeing the pics though...Now put your feet up for the rest of the weekend.

Love Shannon

Anonymous said...

That is amazing
-Clinton