Thursday, January 14, 2010

I find it difficult....

- in my comfy little house that hasn't fallen down around me,

- in my warm and safe bed with covers to keep me warm and a pillow for my head,

- with a bottle of water beside me wherever I go and a sore mouth from having my teeth fixed today,

- having a body that only creeks and groans from arthritis

When those people in Haiti who have been trapped in their homes are mostly dead; when those who have survived have no shelter, no bed, no pillows, no blankets; when people are alive under rubble with no water to keep them alive and are suffering from shock with trauma from broken limbs and lacerations and dead bodies all around them.

But here is one miracle story: http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/01/14/haiti.rescues/index.html

God, please watch over those who suffer this night.

UPDATE: Due to lack of the right type of medical care, this little girl died of her injuries the next day. With her severe injuries, they said she would have to go to another facility 3 hours away, and she died on the way there. She was her mother's only child.

No comments: