Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Compliments....

It's good to give compliments to folks, to appreciate them in some form or another.  Perhaps they have done well in a particular job or they look quite fashionable on a particular day.  Maybe they just received a stylish haircut or have acted in a very professional manner when they could have done otherwise.

Yes, it is good to compliment people when you feel they are deserving of this type of recognition.

It is however, difficult to receive compliments, I think.  I tend not to receive them well.  I think that is because I feel I'm really not deserving...and that it is simply flattery.  Other times I shy away from the attention.  In the past several years I have become much more reserved than when I was in my 30's and 40's.  I'm not sure why this has happened, it just has....perhaps as one ages, wisdom and truth plays a more important role in ones life than the frivolousness of youth....speaking personally, of course.

I need to learn the art of accepting a compliment graciously....with a sincere "thank you".  When I can do that properly, I will have become a bit more wise.

My friend at work grew this orchid.  I think tomorrow I shall compliment her on her accomplishments in getting something so lovely to grow, and in doing so, I could photograph its beauty.

I'd like to compliment God too.....and so I will this night.  His creativeness continues to amaze me daily.

No comments: