Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Light...


There were columns of lights everywhere in the Manitoba Legislative Building.  Extremely impressive!

Here are the doors to the inner sanctum, the room of  power-wielding decision-makers and the place where the fate of the people of Manitoba lies.  I wonder how many politicians who have walked through those doors are people of great integrity, wanting the best for their constituents and the best for their province and country...not just for their own egotistical gain of power and wealth....a rhetorical question, to be sure.

But throughout the building I couldn't help but notice the light....everywhere!  I guess so the politicians can find their way around and not get lost in the maze of doors and stairs and upper and lower rooms and hall ways.  Light reflected from marble is pretty spectacular and it was beautiful to see.




Even the basement hallway to the bathrooms shone like the noonday sun.  Not a speck of dust anywhere...I should bring that cleaning agency over to my place...

Anyway, light makes all the difference doesn't it!  It gives depth and shape to everything. It allows shadows to form and for even the shadows to become a thing of beauty.

I wonder sometimes about the unseen world...what it looks like.  Enjoy the light...and the gift of sight...who knows what tomorrow will bring...actually, I think it will be raining!

1 comment:

Linea said...

I love the down the hallway shot here.