Monday, November 22, 2010

Catchup...

That's what today was about.  Emails coming out my toenails, opening up some cards and presents left on my desk from someone I will always hold dear but has gone on to further her career, letters to get ready to send out tomorrow, and catching up on people and what they've been up to for the past five days I've been away sick. 

I must say though, it is a bit sad when a particular boss didn't even know I was away and most other folks did.  Oh well, I have learned long ago that my life and the living of it, is not the centre of the universe.  Some people never do learn that lesson and they go on with life not realizing how important other people are to their own lives, their own well being.  They don't hear others.  They can't hear others because when you are the centre of your own universe, there are no others....just you.....and at the end of life, there is no one to care whether you have lived on this earth or not.  Being the centre of your own universe would be a lonely and difficult road to travel.  One would constantly be forced to look inward towards self, so there would be no point of reference as to how ones life is progressing.  It is a sad scenario, to be sure.

And having said all of that, who am I to judge others motives or lack thereof.  I only see what is on the outside of a human being.  I don't know circumstances, inner thoughts, beliefs, and reasonings of everyone I see.  So, I need to be wary of making a call on another's character...it could very well be me who is being judged by another!

Hey, I headed into a bit of a tirade of sorts, didn't I!

Yes, it was a catch-up kind of a day.  It was good to hear people talk and express their feelings...even their complaints.  Expressing ones self is vital to ones health!  And having daughter and granddaughter over for supper, followed by a Skype chat with son, has ended my day very well.


I guess the Advent wreath represents everything that is offered to me in life...love, joy, peace, hope and Christ, who is the centre of all those things.

Good night all you folks in blogger land.  May your dreams be peaceful.

No comments: