Thursday, January 27, 2011

Refocusing....

I was emailed by a friend at work who encouraged me during this time of my "immobility", shall we say.  He encouraged me to allow this time of not being able to move around much, as a time to get myself closer to Jesus.  That was good advice.  Funny how when we have pain, our main focus seems to be on that particular pain and not much else.  Not sure how I'd fare in an "end of life" kind of sickness.  I don't want to concentrate on myself but I end up doing that.

Anyway, the last few days have been better in that regard.  I have taken some time for Bible reading and talking with God on various things in my life, in my co-workers lives and in the life of our church family of friends.  I'm wanting my Spirit to be rejuvenated and so, if God will give me grace for this task, I will receive it with open hands and an open mind and heart.

I have some important tasks that need accomplishing in the next few weeks.  I trust that as I immerse myself in the Spirit, I will be given sufficient strength for these things to happen.

I also had a good chat with son on Skype this afternoon, catching up on his life and his experiences as of late.

I try hard to get up on those dashed crutches at least once every hour and tear around the apartment to get some exercise so I don't seize up...and whilst doing that, I looked outside to see a whole whack of snow falling beautifully.  That was a real treat.  Small things please me:)


I should have used a different shutter speed too, but with crutches, it was a bit awkward to get it set.  And by the time I saw the snow falling, having to go back to the bedroom to retrieve the camera and back to the sliding door, the snow had subsided somewhat.  Drats!

I trust your night will be good and restful.....

No comments: