Wednesday, March 16, 2011

All things considered....

Three hundred and eighty-eight emails (and counting) isn't too bad, really.

I have all those messages to look forward to when I get back to work.

Until then, I shall focus my energy on keeping tabs on the Japan nuclear crisis.

Six reactors in some kind of failure.

My little knee problems seem so very insignificant right now.  I've been watching the telly and trying to get a grasp of the severity of the happenings around Sendai.  They are of catastrophic proportions and I feel totally helpless in all of it, naturally.  How do the people get a handle on losing family members, their homes and belongings, not much food or water and now the sketchy news items coming from the Tokyo Electric Power Company telling everyone within 18 miles of the Fukushima Reactors to flee the area and those further from that radius to stay indoors.

I don't know.  There is just too much information to sift through right now but my heart goes out to all the folks in Japan and surrounding area.....especially those brave souls having to contain the nuclear plants as best they can.  They undoubtedly will die of radiation poisoning but continue to do the best job they can to keep things under control.

May God watch over that country....and Libya....and Bahrain.....and Egypt....and Iran....and Afghanistan......and Canada......ya, we have our own bits of unrest, don't we.....

Sleep well and live well tomorrow.  There is much to be thankful for.

No comments: